Learn how to develop a product or a service – in a sustainable way!
Go-to-Market -plan is an 8-week sprint where you will develop ideas from experiment to a concrete and sustainable launching plan – to create value and impact. You will co-operate and work in a multidisciplinary team together with the idea creator/owner.
The methods and tools of this course support sustainable business creation from economic, social and environmental perspective.
This course focuses on real life cases. The program supports moving from experiment phase to commercialization phase:
- How to turn an idea to create multifaceted value?
- Customer centric idea development: learning quickly from success and failures
- How to use digital platforms/tools to evaluate the idea and creating sustainable business?
- Modern sales and marketing
The program is facilitated by a commercialization coach. The process is:
1) new information
2) active dialogue
The development cycle is based, where applicable, Scrum and Lean Startup methodologies, TAMK Proakatamia’s model of team learning as well as Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework.
The outcome of this course is a concrete and implementable go-to-market plan.
After Go-to-Market -plan course you:
- understand the different phases in a commercialization process
- can apply knowledge and modern business development tools
- can use lean methodology and customer centricity for a launch plan
- can work together in a multidisciplinary team and co-operate with others to develop ideas and turn them into action
- can develop your resilience, creativity and self-leadership skills as well as co-operation and networking skills
- can identify ideas and opportunities and seize/apply them to a launch plan
- can assess the consequences and impact of ideas, opportunities and actions
During the course 26.10.-14.12.2021 we’ll have sessions together on Tuesdays at 12:15-16:00. If the corona situation allows, we’ll meet at City Centre campus (room A05), otherwise the sessions will be held online.
We won’t have a session on Tuesday 16.11.2021 because of Sprint Innovation Festival. We recommend this 2 ects innovation week for all participants of Go-to-Market -plan, too!
We recommend taking the Introduction to Entrepreneurship -course or having similar knowledge before registering to this course.
Approved when you have demonstrated commitment and productivity in 8-week sprint. You can do it by showing to understand the assignment, being capable to provide ideas, seeking for solutions and making a presentation that is understandable to the team. You can run an experiment to the business idea and can independently describe the occurred commercialization process, its phases and outcome.
Failed if you cannot describe what was done during the commercialization process, its phases, methods and outcome. You have not gained the knowledge required to run a commercialization project.
Clients and cases
Help Enterprise Agency Ensimetri’s Yrittäjyysbuusti service to reach, in influential way, first year entrepreneurs and boost the beginning of their entrepreneurship journey.
Field/focus: business development services, marketing of services
Help the City of Tampere to reach its Sustainable Development Goals with the help of ozone technologies by Tampere-based cleantech startup!
Field/focus: Food and beverageindustries, sustainable food production
Help a new community platform for workplace well-being to launch in US and Ireland!
Field/focus: HR, workplace well-being, sales teams
Help a new online service for buying and selling locally produced food to go to market!
Field/focus: Locally produced food
Help the “Tinder of homes” to internationalize and go to US markets!
Credits: 5 ects
Course code: NN00FP48-3001
Study method: Team work
Experience level: Practice your skills
Location: City Centre
Period: 2 / 2021-2022