Innovation Challenges course presents you a set of working life and societal challenges and invites you to find solution proposals. The goal is to practice innovative thinking and promote sustainable development.
At this time around we offer a challenge from the “Mobile health and social services” -project, where students get to solve the challenge: What and what kind of health and social services would a mobile service with the latest technology fit in? What added value would that bring? What services could a mobile unit provide and what technology would be needed?
This is done in multidisciplinary team working together with a coach/ coaches. You will work together with the assigning organization.
- Preliminary tasks
- Getting to know each other and teaming up
- Explore the challenge and phenomena around it
- Understand the problem
- Validation of ideas
- Testing the prototype with real users
- Presenting the final solution
- Feedback discussions: team, coach and stakeholder
After Innovation Challenges, you:
- can use Design Thinking –principles in an innovation project
- can validate the ideas and prototypes in different target groups
- understand the challenge from the customer’s and end-users’ perspectives
- evaluate the solutions from the sustainable point of view
- adapt to multidisciplinary teamwork environment
- know more about your own strengths and capabilities
- pitch the solution proposals in English
During the course 25.10.-12.12.2021 we’ll have sessions together with all teams and coaches on Thursdays at 10:15-13:45.
Teaching will be arranged as multiform teaching. The first session will be held on the 28th of October, 10:15.13:45 at TAMK Backstage.
To pass the course, student has actively participated the lectures and teamwork, demonstrates to have understood the given challenge and has shown initiative to provide a solution. Student has proven to propose ideas to team members, they can plan idea validation and reflect on how sustainable the solution is as well as develop the idea further. Student has offered solution together with the team.
A student will receive a failing grade if they do not participate the lectures, teamwork or any other activity that is part of the course and project plan. Further reluctance to interact with team members, propose ideas, validate leads to failing grade.
Credits: 5 ects
Course code: NN00FD73-3016
Study method: Team work
Experience level: Practice your skills
Location: Online, TAMK, Kauppi
Period: 2 / 2021-2022